Policies & Promise
1. We recommend at least two appointments per week to see progress, with a minimum of one hour per week to maintain skills.
2. Tutoring sessions are billed on a monthly basis and are to be paid before that months tutoring begins. Payment for the remainder of that month will be due at the initial tutoring/intake session and may be made by check or cash. Thereafter, payment will be due by the last appointment of any month to apply to the following month. Payments may be made directly to the tutor or mailed to the Tutors-To-You post office box.
3. Tutoring charges will be $40/hr. except for those students who are grandfathered. They will be billed at the rate of $29/hr.
1. If an appointment is canceled 5 hours or more before the scheduled time there will be no charge and a make-up lesson will be scheduled.
2. If an appointment is canceled between 1 hour and 5 hours before the scheduled time, there will be a charge of $15.
3. If an appointment is canceled less than 1 hour before the scheduled time or the student is not at home for the scheduled appointment, there will be no refund.
Responsibilities of the Parents:
1. Be present for the initial tutoring/intake session.
2. Provide a tidy, well-lit working area, such as a kitchen or dining table.
3. Visually check your student's assignment sheet and compare it with their completed assigned work before the tutoring appointment.
4. Ensure that your student is awake, dressed, and ready for his/her appointment with the necessary materials such as homework, paper & pencils
1. The tutor shall arrive promptly for the scheduled appointment.
2. The tutor shall keep good lines of communication open with parents, student, and school (if applicable).
3. At the conclusion of each session, the tutor shall leave a detailed assignment sheet for independent study to be accomplished by the next visit.
Tutors-To-You promises to help your student:
Start to increase self-worth.
Understand the basics of good study skills.
Capitalize on strengths and realize his/her full potential.
Concentrate on being an independent learner.
Ensure a sense of responsibility and mature emotionally.
Stop falling between the cracks.
See that learning is fun and lifelong.